Power Master: A Strange Journey MV/Changelog
This is a changelog of updates for Power Master: A Strange Journey MV and its demos.
Initial demo release. Released May 22nd, 2017.
Released January 7th, 2019.
- Icons have changed.
- Music that ended too soon has been cropped.
- Title has been changed, and demo version is added.
- Cards have changed to look more like traditional trading cards.
- Players can choose to start as either Stephan, Jennifer, Hamilton, or Helen and assign their roles as either Hero, Warrior, Miner, or Cousin. Of them, the Cousin character cannot be recruited.
- The characters Andrew, Andrea, the Warrior of Bora, Octavis, Madilynn, the Digger of Uora, and Alice are recruitable.
- The Towns of Bora, Oora, Tora, and Uora are accessible.
- The Land of Moneo is accessible.
- Character battler windows.
- New enemies: Warrior of Bora, Worker, Elite Worker, Essence of Health, Hypnock, Skipper's Crewmembers, Skipper, Firebird, Thunderbird, Essence of Luck, Powerbird, Mole, Dark Mole, Worm, and Burrow.
- Several new move animations.
- New music: "Ruined Town", "Sailing Skipper's Ship", and "World of Adventure - Land of Moneo".
- New battle locals.
- Additional items, weapons, and armor can be collected.
- The quests Master of Her Kitchen, Underwater Possession, and Pam's Intern have been added and can be completed.
- Expressions have been removed, replaced with character portraits that change based on the armor they wear, which will be added in a later update.
- Text and code specifically meant for the initial demo has been removed.
- Bugs and typos (though there may be more that were missed).
Released March 20th, 2019 for Patreon supporters, released March 22nd, 2020 for everyone else.
- Fixed error where the old woman's portrait in the Town of Fora's Shop does not appear, which caused the game to crash.
- Fixed error when trying to recruit or drop the Digger from Uora if they aren't Stephan.
- Fixed error where you can walk under Aora Avalanche.
- Fixed out of bounds errors in Uora Underground.
- Underwater houses in Oora now disable menu access only if the player doesn't have the Aqua Patch.
- Reduced the number of Mega Health Vials you find in a hole before Burrow from five to one, due to a copy-paste error.
- Various grammar fixes.
- Adjusted the color of the trees so they stand out more.
- Stephan's portrait now changes based on the armor he wears. Game will need to be restarted in order for this to take effect.
- The Town of Rora, Rora River, and Rora Capers are accessible.
- The Town of Xora, Xora Xeno, and The Moon are accessible.
- Dakota is recruitable.
- New enemies are added: Swordfish, Dark Swordfish, Shark, Bruze, Trapazoid, Galactrila, Whip Demon, Stone Magician, and Axeman.
- Octavis's Armor can be collected after his recruitment (I forgot to add that in the 0.2.0 demo).
- The quests Jessica's Adventure, Dark Desire, The Friend's Challenge, The Friend's Rematch, The Lady's Request, and The Lady's Search can be accepted and completed.
- Enemies with swords are weak to lances, lances are weak to axes, and axes are weak to swords (because Fire Emblem). Bows are weak to whips and vice versa. All weapons are weak to Weapon Breaker parameters. Shields are weak to Shield Breaker parameters.
- Additional items, weapons, and armors are collectable.